Machine Tool Maintenance Mechanic
The Machine Tool Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintenance and repair of all manufacturing equipment with a general focus on the finishing equipment in the plant.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Ability to read blue-prints, electrical schematics and hydraulic diagrams.
- An in-depth understanding of the application of technical documents such as machine & equipment manuals and safety documentation.
- An in depth understanding of CNC controls such as Siemens and Mazatrol.
- The ability to diagnose various sources of mechanical and industrial control related issues on CNC machines.
- The ability to operate manual mills, lathes, saws, and drill presses.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to use hand and power tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal, listening, and participation skills including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Strong skills and aptitude in math
- In-depth knowledge of machine tool equipment design (servo motors, servo drives, encoders, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Formal training with hydraulics and CNC machine control.
- 5 plus years of experience with CNC and machine tool repair and maintenance.
- 5 plus years of experience maintaining/repairing Gisholt turret lathes & Cincinnati duplex mills.
- Highly proficient with computers.
- Perform advanced preventive and predictive maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on equipment mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and CNC control systems.
- Determine appropriate corrective action for unplanned equipment failures including repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds.
- Perform & observe operational checks to ensure that all problems have been corrected.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and sequence work including ordering required parts and staging necessary tools and equipment.
- Determine and/or develop maintenance procedures when documentation is not available.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of maintenance work performed.